An Oyata Te
Instructors: Tony Skeen, Lee Richards
Assistant Instructors: Bob Koenig, Becky Dreisewerd
- When asking to be taught, be submissive and free from
prejudice, accept the teachings as shown.
In this way, you will not establish your own peculiarities or bad
- Be polite and obedient to the master and other
superiors. Be courteous among
fellow students and followers. You
must strive to develop humbleness.
- Cultivate a spirit of perseverance, you will develop a
healthy body if you have strength of mind and train fearlessly.
- Strive to be a warrior for the construction of a
peaceful and free world by using the character building, morality and
spirituality contained in the way of karate.
- In daily conduct, do not encourage fights or
- Move from easy to difficult, and from simple to
complicated. More time is
required to train longer and harder as you progress. Do not hurry or engage in senseless or reckless
practice. Develop gradually.
- Become familiar with the use of the makiwara and other
training equipment. Train
yourself to use your firsts, body and positions. Be patient and study earnestly the katas and matches.
Do not aim for hurried success.
- In the past, a single kata was studied for three
years. A long time ago a
particular master analyzed a single kata for ten years.
Do not think you have mastered a kata and become proud of your
success. Pride will lead you to
hurt your achievement in virtue and technique.
Thus pride can be like a poison to the world.
- Take care not to develop only your favorite technique,
neglecting others, because that will leave a weakness in your defense.
Be cautious about becoming too theoretical or technical because these
too are weaknesses.
- Ask questions freely of the master or superior because
you must strive to understand what you are learning.
Ages | Atemi | Books | Calendar |
Rankings | Requirements |
* Navigation Note: If a link only gives you a white page, go back and right click, then select open in new window/tab. This is a known error in some versions of Firefox
FREE First Month!!!
|| Updated 01-01-2017